Benefits of Video Lectures
- » Easy to access anytime: With video lectures, students can learn anywhere from their mobile devices: desktops, laptops, tablets or smartphones.
- » Students learn when they are primed to learn.
- » Students can pause, rewind and rewatch the lecture.
- » Eases the distraction of having to transcribe the lectures.
- » Self-paced learning: Students can follow along with the lecture at their own pace, going more slowly or quickly
- » Bookmarking: Students can bookmark the point where they're up to in the video so they can easily return and continue watching the lecture at a later point.
- » Searchability: Students can easily search through the lecture to find the required sub-topic they need, without having to rewind and fast forward throughout the video.
- » Greater accuracy: Students will understand the lecture better and can make sure that they have not misheard anything.
- » Facilitates thinking and problem solving: It improves research skills, collaborative working, problem solving, technology and organisational skills.